On Friday, we sent out our Home Learning Logs for the first time. Inside there is a sheet of activities related to our topic for children to complete at home. The activities are mostly open ended so that children can use their own ideas for ways of recording. It is also a great place to add memories of a special event or day out or if the children have taken home the class bear.
Some top tips:
- 1 activity a week is enough, don't try to do them all straight away
- Try to make it the children's work
- Each activity should only take 1 or 2 pages
- Encourage your child to take pride in their Learning Log and we will do this by sharing work in class
- Please don't let your child use it for drawing etc, unless it is for an activity
- Learning Logs along with phonics books will be collected in on Friday